Friday, September 20, 2013

Chocolate Mousse Cake


I love chocolate cake. Ok, the cat is out of the bag! This is one of my favorite recipes for chocolate cake. It is wonderful! I made this for a party a few months ago and everyone loved it! It has chocolate ganashe AND chocolate mousse (after making the cake I had leftovers of both the ganashe and mousse, but I didn't have ANY trouble finding someone to help me eat the rest!). It is a very rich cake and because of the many components it took me several hours to make, so plan ahead!
Also, the mousse needs to cool for 4 hours before assembling the cake so start there. If the mousse hadn’t set up yet, or if the cakes are not fully cooled the mousse won’t stay even when you put the layers of the cake on top and will cause the layers to split by the time you put the top layer on. So take your time!
The website where you can find this delicious recipe is:
http://janessweets.blogspot.it/2010/07/chocolate-mousse-dream-cake-and-one.html
My cake didn’t turn out as pretty as the picture on the website where I found it, but that didn’t make it any less delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment