Thursday, September 19, 2013

Cake Decorating Tip!

I made this cake a few years ago with a store bought cake mix (funfetti!) and store bought icing (vanilla). Sometimes you just don't have time for homemade cakes. And lets be honest, funfetti cake is awesome.

I realize that this isn't the prettiest cake that anyone has ever made, it's a little rough around the edges, but the idea has potential! All I did was take half of the icing out of container and put it into a separate bowl, put some red food coloring in, and mix! I then took the pink icing, put it in a sandwich baggie, sealed the baggie, clipped the corner off so there was a small hole in the bottom, and started decorating! I didn't even use a piping tip! 

It's an easy and cost effective way to take your cake to the next level without having to spend hours (or dollars) decorating! You can pipe a design like I did or write "Happy Birthday!" The possibilities are endless! Happy decorating!


No comments:

Post a Comment