Friday, September 27, 2013

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing


I made these beautiful cupcakes for my first Sigma Alpha Iota, DC Alumnae Chapter meeting! They had a potluck so I decided to make cupcakes!

For the cake I used my chocolate cake recipe, which has become my 'go to' cake recipe because of how wonderful it is! And then I used my mother in law's cream cheese icing for the icing and roses. Now, before you go try to make roses with cream cheese icing, DON'T! They were delicious, but I will admit, choosing to make roses with cream cheese icing was not the smartest thing I have ever done. Cream cheese icing is much thicker and harder to work with than buttercream or royal icing, so I would suggest sticking with one of those for decorating... oops.


I added a leaf onto a few of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment