Saturday, March 1, 2014

Taco Seasoning


I love to use Mexican flavors when cooking. Lately we've been making a lot of Mexican food and I got tired of always having to pull out half of the spices in my cabinet to get the seasoning mix that I wanted, so I took an empty spice bottle that I had and mixed up a large batch of Mexican seasonings so I can just pull out one bottle!!

To make my Mexican spice blend you will need:
  • 3 parts CUMIN
  • 3 parts CHILI POWDER
  • 2 parts GARLIC POWDER
  • 1 part SALT
  • 1 part CAYENNE
  • 1 part PAPRIKA

Depending on how big of a container you have and how much of the mix you want to make, one "part" could be anything from a 1/4 teaspoon to a cup! Just make sure you are consistent throughout the batch! Mix up the seasonings in a bowl and then put it into an air tight container for storage! (A funnel may be helpful)

We tend to use this spice mix 2 to 3 teaspoons at a time in dishes like fajitas, enchiladas, soups, and many other things.



No comments:

Post a Comment