Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spinach Alfredo Pizza


One of my favorite types of pizza is spinach alfredo. Even as a kid I loved it! When my family would go out to dinner at a pizza buffet restaurant I would always head for the spinach alfredo. It might sound weird at first, but it is so good! In just one bite you get the creamy, cheesy flavor of the alfredo sauce with baked spinach and even more more cheese on top of a softy and chewy crust. Yum!

To make this pizza you will need:
  • PIZZA DOUGH (click here to get the recipe I use!)
  • 2 Tbs BUTTER
  • 1/4 cup HEAVY CREAM
  • 1/2 cup PARMESAN CHEESE, grated
  • 2-3 cups of FRESH SPINACH
  • 1 & 1/2 cup MOZZARELLA CHEESE
Start off by preparing the dough. If you decide to use the recipe that I use, follow the directions at this link. Once the dough is ready, prepare the sauce. Now, you could just use a jar of store bought alfredo sauce but I like to make my own (It's really easy!). To do this I melt the butter in a small saucepan, then stir in the heavy cream, and lastly whisk in the parmesan cheese. Boom! Alfredo Sauce!


Next, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, roll out your dough, and spread the sauce on top!


Then layer on the spinach! Don't be afraid to add a lot (the picture below is not what I would consider "a lot," I just forgot to take a picture after we added more). The spinach will shrink up a lot in the oven!


Lastly, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and pop it in the oven! Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how thinly you rolled out the dough.



Mmmmm just look at that cheesy goodness!


Slice up the pizza and dig in!






Spinach Alfredo Pizza

Ingredients:
  • PIZZA DOUGH (click here to get the recipe I use!)
  • 2 Tbs BUTTER
  • 1/4 cup HEAVY CREAM
  • 1/2 cup PARMESAN CHEESE, grated
  • 2-3 cups of FRESH SPINACH
  • 1 & 1/2 cup MOZZARELLA CHEESE
    Directions:
    1. Start off by preparing the dough. If you decide to use the recipe that I use, follow the direction at this link
    2. Once the dough is ready, prepare the sauce. Now, you could just use a jar of store bought alfredo sauce but I like to make my own (It's really easy!). To do this I melt the butter in a small saucepan, stir in the heavy cream, and lastly whisk in the parmesan cheese. Boom! Alfredo Sauce!
    3. Next, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, roll out your dough, and spread the sauce on top!
    4. Then layer on the spinach! Don't be afraid to add a lot. The spinach will shrink up a lot in the oven!
    5. Lastly, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top and pop it in the oven! Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how thinly you rolled out the dough.
    6. Slice up the pizza and dig in!



      No comments:

      Post a Comment