Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! My husband and I recently moved away from where our families live, but we were lucky enough to have our siblings and one of my closest friends come visit us for the holiday!

We ended up having a total of 8 people over for Thanksgiving dinner this year so I took full advantage having so many people to cook for and made all kinds of things!

I started off Thanksgiving week by making some kolaches, which are traditional Czechoslovakian pastries. They are made of a sweet dough and generally have a fruity filling. I made my brother and my favorite flavor, cherry!


Look how gooey and yummy they were! I will post the recipe for these soon!


Then, my brother helped me make my favorite spinach artichoke dip to snack on during Thanksgiving day!


We even made the bread! I used the crusty bread recipe, but rather than shaping it into a ball I shaped it into a loaf. 


My husband made his favorite Thanksgiving food, dressing!


My husband and I decided that rather than making turkey for Thanksgiving, we wanted to make a ham. Some of our guests on the other hand, decided that they could not have Thanksgiving without a turkey. So one of them volunteered to make a turkey....and then another one volunteered to make a turkey... and then there was a little bit of a miscommunication and we ended up with 2 turkeys!!!

Here is a picture of turkey #1, your classic turkey:


And here is turkey #2, the 'burkey':


And here is the ham that we made:


And here are the sides! We had mashed potatoes, sauteed Brussels sprouts, sweet potato casserole, potato salad, dressing, green bean casserole, and rolls! Whew! That was a lot of food! And it was all so good!


Here is a picture of the guys trying to figure out how to carve their birds!


And here is my plate! Look at all of that delicious food!


We weren't done yet! Now time for the desserts! My friend and I started off by making Oreo balls! They are super easy to make and so good! They are the perfect dessert for a chocoholic!


And then we made a mini carrot cake using my mother-in-law's recipe! It was so delicious!


Look at that yummy cake!


Welp, that's all! I will be posting some of the recipes for things that we made over the next few weeks. If you have any questions or recipe requests just let me know! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment